About Me

I'm 16 years old. I just recently started Barking abbey 6th form. I currently take media, engligh lit, socioligy and photography. So far it's suprisingly awsome. :) My prelim and main task can be found in the as main task evaluation label. It's under videos.

Wednesday

Harry Brown

The film trailer for Harry brown is very similar to the issues that are going to be covered in or opening sequence. These issues are gun/knife culture and youths and how they bully members of the public, which is similar to the character Nikki in our opening sequence who constantly gets bullied. This trailer has made me realise that the realistic element has to be maintained throughout the film/opening sequence or else it would look ridiculous e.g. When Trevor get shot in Kidulthood it looks too fake to be taken seriously. One element in particular is different to our story and that it is the fact that someone actually does something about the bullying/violence in the area. Usually films with the urban youth genre hardly have a happy ending and this films follows that convention, so I think it would best for our opening sequence to not end on a happy note. In this film the main character is an old man, but yet the film is still about youths. I think it would be good to add an older character to the cast to attract a wider audience. I also think that the film Harry Brown follows the main characters journey through some life threatening decisions, which is what happens in Kidulthood and our story. From analysing Harry Brown I realise that it’s good for this type of genre to have some documentary attributes in order for the film to tell the story. The characters in Harry Brown have all stuck to dark and shady colours and they don’t have a lot of make-up on. We also need to use dark colours in the costume and the make-up has to be minimal. I’ve learnt a lot about the code and conventions of my genre from watching Harry Brown because this film is a prime example of a film our target audience may have watched prior to watching our opening sequence.

No comments:

Post a Comment